:)

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

I just thought this was really cool, especially since it's in my home town :) and wanted to share it with all of you!

TAMPA, Fla. - A Tampa bride-to-be who defied doctors' expectations after being told she had a year to live four years ago has celebrated another victory — she and her fiancee won a $100,000 dream wedding.
ADVERTISEMENT

Courtney Dempsey, 33, and Gary Courtney, 37, were among 40,000 couples who entered US Magazine's wedding contest. The prize includes a dress and honeymoon.

"We're beyond thrilled. We're actually in a state of shock right now," Dempsey said Tuesday.

Dempsey was diagnosed with late-stage melanoma four years ago and doctors told her she had less than a year to live. She survived beyond that and began dating Courtney. But soon after, doctors said she needed a double mastectomy.

Courtney asked Dempsey to move in with him so he could help her recover.

Now the couple is planning a September wedding.

As for her married name, Dempsey says she'll follow tradition and take her groom's name, meaning she'll go by Courtney Courtney.

"I love it," she said. "I'm in sales. No one will ever forget my name."

2 comments:

Ryel j said...

some wednesday inspiration! I like it. This make me want to kiss my hubby extra long when I see him next.

my walk... said...

it's always a good time for an extra long kiss with the hubby! ;)