10 years ago.

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Wow. I saw on Twitter a few photographers listing where they were 10 years ago and it really got me to thinking. Where was I 10 years ago? Actually, I remember it vividly. I was a junior in high school and being the dreamer that I am, I wished and wondered where the new millennium would take me. Who would I meet, where would I go, what would I do, would I get married, or even have kids? My cousin/best friend and I were stuck at my uncles house that year and we were miserable. We so badly wanted to be at a New Years party and talked about what it would be like to be in Times Square with all the other crazy people partying it up. Well, I haven't made it there (Times Square) yet, but I have had quite a journey in the last ten years. To sum it up, at the time I was in Color guard, and guard was life. 2 months into 2000 I quit guard, a week later I met John and fell madly in love...graduated high school, went to college, lots of interesting stuff in between, married the love of my life, finished college, started my dream job, traveled to places I never thought I would, made amazing friends, and even had my name printed in a magazine (oooooooohhhhh, lol). 17 year old me would have been excited and extremely impatient for all of it to begin. When I look back it just blows my mind away and I'm really anxious to see where I will be in TWENTY-NINETEEN. soooooo crazy to even think about, but then again, back in 1999, 2009 sounded pretty insane too ;)

can you see the excitement in our faces?!? hahaha The back of this picture reads: waiting for midnight, New Years 1999:

1 comment:

Corinna Hoffman Photography said...

Awww! It surely is amazing what can happen in 10 years!! Congrats for being where you are now and happy new year to you guys!! Here's to another awesome 10 years!! Cheers :)